Monday, April 25, 2011

Ramps Recipe - Ramps Pesto Potato Salad

This is a great green potato salad to make in the spring when our bodies are craving green things. I just tossed some cooked russets with ramps pesto and boiled eggs. This would also be tasty served with bacon crumbled on top.

Ramps Pesto Potato Salad          makes 6 servings

6 russet potatoes, diced
1/2 c. ramps pesto
olive oil
2 boiled eggs, diced
salt and pepper
6 strips bacon, cooked and diced

1. Boil the potatoes until tender and drain them Toss the hot potatoes with the pesto, adding a bit of olive oil to keep the salad moist. Add the diced boiled eggs, salt and pepper, and crumbled bacon, if using.

4 comments:

Barton said...

Another thing i miss about nyc - rampage. Dont get em in Cali as far as i know, this recipe reminds me of what i did with nettles last week

EM said...

Wow, these all look so delicious! Great photos too. Learning so much, yum. Thank you!

Woods Hippie said...

Hi! Just stumbled upon your blog...nice work! I'll be sure to check back often as I am also a CT resident and I love learning more about wild edibles. At this point I've only eaten dandelion and wintergreen but I hope to turn my woods wanderings into foraging missions, too.

The 3 Foragers said...

Thanks for the compliments, Robert does all of the photos himself. He also has his own website with even more photos of edibles:
http://www.photorobg.com/photos/plants/wildedible/index.html